Saturday 31 August 2013

Lessons in fishing

Short and sweet this one, but I wanted to add it because I think it's important with lure fishing. After yesterdays crazy two hours and loads of fish I just had to repeat it again today to see what would happen. Would the fish be there or would they have moved on? Only one way to find out and that was to get out around the same time, once my DIY was done again for the day. It was a bit windy and a bit cooler than yesterday but I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference. Fish to the bank it was a disaster compared to yesterday. The perch clearly were not there or they were much wiser to my lure. I reckon some fish were there but no where near the big shoal I'd dropped on the day before. So what was the total I hear you ask. It was a poor result with seven perch. However I learnt plenty and that's something you need to always do when fishing. Again the big lesson is, right place right time but to find that out you need to fish as often as possible to give yourself the chance of dropping on the good times. Another lesson, don't give away all your spots because someone might be on it the day before you and then your chance of fish might be reduced.

Despite just seven perch in two hours fishing, I've still come home a happy bunny. I might not have bagged the numbers this time, but I managed a super perch at 2lb 4oz. Not a bad reward and I'll take a bagging up session one day and then a steady session with a lump of a perch the next. I'm happy with my perch fishing this year and with another nice fish to add to the collection it's been a great year so far.


4 comments:

  1. Well done Paul, 7 fish in two hours and one of them a two is still a pretty good result. Well for us mere mortals it would be anyway Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Lee. It's a good time for some nice perch and I expect I'll see some on your blog sometime soon.

      Delete
  2. Been really enjoying reading the blog lately Paul. Great stuff. Can't wait for the cold to draw in and see what lands in the blog.

    Davo.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, appreciated! Since it's not been right for pike I've tried to stay away and do other things but looking forward to finally getting into serious pike mode when it cools a bit.

      Delete